Student performers from our past studio recitals in 2015, 2016, and 2017.
A Few Reasons to take Private Lessons
- If you are feeling behind in your ensemble, catch up quickly! Private lessons help you be able to stay ahead in musical ensembles and enjoy your experience.
- If you enjoy ensembles but want more music to work on or music that will challenge you as a flutist.
- If you want to work on music you would not experience in large ensemble such as solos and duets
- If you are preparing for goals such as chair placement auditions, ILMEA, honor band, or extracurricular ensembles and want the help of a specialist.
- If you want to participate in solo competitions like Solo and Ensemble Contest
- If you want to major in music in college.
- If you want to constantly improve on your instrument.
- If learning an instrument has always been on your bucket list. It's never too late to learn!
What do I teach?
I teach flute, piccolo, and piano. I teach all levels of flute and piccolo. For piano, I teach beginner and intermediate students.
Who do I teach?
I instruct students of all ages and levels. I am experienced working with young children all the way up to adults and I enjoy teaching everyone!
Where do I teach?
I teach at various locations in the Western Chicago suburbs.
- My home in Downers Grove (near where 63rd St. and I-355 intersect)
- Plainfield East and Plainfield North High Schools
- Quinlan and Fabish Music Store (Burr Ridge Location)
How long are Lessons?
I teach 30-minute, 45-minute, and 60-minute private lessons. For beginners I recommend 30-minute lessons, but as students progress in their skills, a 45-minute or 60-minute lesson is ideal. Lessons are a reserved time once a week. Please contact me about my rates for lessons.